Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I've been a very good girl this year, Santa…

On my Christmas wish list, there are a few Amy Butler related items. I am well stocked where her books are concerned, so no requests there. What I would love is the pattern for the Liverpool Tunic (shirt, tunic, long & short dress)

I first saw this tunic about 2 years ago, when I received her Midwest Modern lifestyle book for my birthday from my fabulous fiancé (thanks honey!). There was picture of Amy wearing this tunic and I thought it was just lovely. I lingered on the photograph and even marked the page to reference easily at any time. Something about the style, the fabric, even the mother of pearl buttons that she chose. I just loved the tunic. I considered taking any old shirt pattern and modifying it to a tunic length, and of course, selecting some delicious Amy Butler fabric to sew it in. I never got around to actually doing that, but whenever I came across the page I mused at how I love the garment.

Well, the pattern for this beautiful shirt had finally been produced and has been available online through several fabric shoppes, like Pink Panda Fabrics. I was thrilled when this became part of Amy’s pattern offering! I have been deciding on whether or not to just buy it, but then I come to find that I would rather purchase a couple of yards of well-priced fabric instead. Especially now…now that my current focus will be on sewing gifts for others. This pattern will not likely be used until well after the holidays are over, so I can put off purchasing it for a little while.



I also adore the Memento Burgundy fabric (from the Amy Butler LOVE collection) that this is depicted in. There are so many things that I want to make with it. I have not been able to get my hands on some of this right now as it sells out quite fast, but I will keep an eye on it and snag a supply when I have a chance. I pretty much want to make this tunic exactly as it is presented. I will no doubt make a regular and longer length version in another colour as well.

So Santa, if you are reading this blog…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails