Monday, October 5, 2009

Grey Wool Trouser Challenge continued...

I had posted a few finished items last week from my trouser re-purposing challenge.  I must say, this has been a lot of fun. When you are limited in how much fabric is available to work with, you definitely need to get creative. Here is another finished item, born of the grey wool trousers...



This artist's pencil wrap was made from the remaining trouser leg. Note the absence of ruffles! This is because I did not make this for myself...this is for my husband-to-be. (Surprise, Sweetie!) He had been asking for one for some time, but I never had any fabric in my stash that was masculine enough. This wool, I think, is just perfectly suited for him.



The interior lining is also re-purposed from an article of clothing destined for the charity bin (a chocolate brown stretch denim skirt). I think the two colours work well together. Keeping with the masculine theme, I opted for a leather cord wrap (instead of ribbon).  One of the many buttons from the orginal garment finish off the closure. Included (at my fiance's request) is a pocket to tuck your eraser into, as well as a loop to hold your pencil sharpener.  There are slots for 12 pencils (24 will easily fit, if you double up) I am pleased with the way this turned out, and I can't wait to present this little gift.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails