Monday, September 21, 2009

Grey Wool Trouser Challenge!


While cleaning out my closet last week, I came across this pair of grey wool trousers. They were given to me by a friend, but never really fit me quite right. They were far too big in the waist, yet were extremely tight in the thigh area. I meant to donate them to charity but kept holding on to them, something about them just held my interest. Despite the fact that it is unwearable, I love the texture and colour of the garment.

So then I thought, what can I make out of this? Afterall, there is plenty of fabric to be salvaged from this... In my effort to remain earth friendly, my challenge is to repurpose this garment into as many new items as possible. So far, my ideas are to create a scarf, clutch purse... Well, I won't give away every idea!

Inspired by the Sewing Green book, by Betz White, I am going to make an effort to incorporate a more earth friendly approach to my projects, repurposing where I can.  Stay tuned to see what I come up with. I would like to complete a project each week, but we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails