Thursday, January 14, 2010

Knit One...Purl Two?

So, I am finally learning to knit! My future mother-in-law gave me a lovely basket of yarn, knitting needles, books, etc... for Christmas so that I may finally beginning the process.  This is another item that I would like to cross off my to-do list. I hope to be quite skilled enough at it to begin posting my creations.

It's been going pretty well so far. I definitely need to work on my tension and I have to actually pay closer attention to what I am doing. I have managed to drop several stitches all over the place, but I suppose when you are too wrapped up in what is on the television, this is bound to happen. I even managed to knit half a row and purl the balance. Not sure how I managed that, but I must have been knitting, put the needles down to do something and then returned to absent-mindedly purl the rest of the row.  Oh well, it's all a learning curve for me.

I am not so ambitious to start tackling sweaters, afghans or mittens. I really only want to stick to easy peices, like scarves. This is truly all that I can manage at the moment. I have to build up the confidence (and skill) to work my way up to garments and other items. As it stands now, I would probably produce a 3-armed sweater or some other terrible mistake if I ventured beyond practicing my stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails