Monday, August 31, 2009

My to-do list

From time to time I get these fantastic ideas for projects, things to read or just new learnings in general. Sadly, if I fail to make note of these bright ideas quickly, they are inevitably forgotten and go to waste. It is not until an occasion arises that one of these past ideas pop up, and of course I curse myself for not following through when I originally had the idea.

Fortunately, I have adopted the habit of leaving a pen and notebook around the house, or I carry little jot-pads in my purse. My ideas tend to strike at the most random of times (while washing dishes, eating breakfast, or while riding transit on my way home). I feel compelled to write out my ideas before they fall out of my head, including illustrations where necessary. Sometimes I look back on my notes and see well thought-out plans with several details. Other times, I review illustration after illustration with words hysterically scrawled and underlined, outlining my plans.

I have compiled a list of 8 things, in no particular order, that I wish to accomplish in exactly one year from tomorrow. Why September 1st? No real reason other than the fact that this idea to document a to-do list had struck me at this very moment. I also wanted to give myself a measurable time limit in which to accomplish these things. My list is as follows:

1. Make a sock monkey! (just because)
2. Learn to knit.

3. Have a tea party (yes, with all the fancy petit fours and little sandwhiches. Fancy hats are optional.)
4. Sew 4 dresses (one for each season)
5. Make several fabric party garlands (which will look lovely at my tea party)
6. Make 4 quilts (some to keep, some to give away)
7. Open an Etsy shop (finally)
8. Post a D.I.Y project every month for the next year.

Of course, I will be sure to refer back to this list often when I have accomplished a task. I think this is plenty to keep busy with for the next little while. I will post pictures to keep you updated on my attempts to complete this list in its entirety. Please stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails