Thursday, August 26, 2010

A remedy for a creative block?

I do this all the time. I feel stumped--stuck, unable to come up with an idea. For days I will doodle and sketch in a vain attempt to produce my next project.

Silly me, I have a nice little library of sewing books to inspire me! When I cannot come up with something on my own, there is always the trusty bookshelf to get me all warmed up.  A simple apron here, a book bag there and I am all revved up and ready to sew!  In browsing Amazon.ca, I came across some newer titles that I'm very excited to get my hands on.


Of course, there's Amy Butler's Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful Bags.  On principal alone, I must add this to my library, having collected all of her other books...  But then there's The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags.  A companion guide perhaps?  Oh, and then there's Joel Dewberry's Sewn Spaces: Fresh and Modern Projects For Your Life and Home.

There are actually a great many titles that I want to check out. I will share them with you in the coming months, and review them as I acquire each book. It's been a very long time and I think my library (as well as my creative soul) needs a bit of refreshing. Part of me wants to just put them on the old birthday wish list, but I am not sure if I can wait that long.

This is good... I am starting to feel like my old self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails