Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm sew excited!

While out jogging this morning, I came across a poster in the window of a local knitting shoppe. I have passed this shop on several occasion, but the advertisment caught my eye from some distance away. It advertised the Creativ Festival , taking place in Toronto, October 16th to 18th, 2009 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

I am not sure which rock I have been living under for all these years, but I had never heard of this event until now. And get this, they have a Spring and a Fall festival each year! How on earth did I manage to remain oblivious to that? I was never a hard-core crafter, but I have been an avid sewer for most of my life. I dabble in crafts when the need arises or simply out of curiousity and the desire to experiment. 

Established in 1988 as the Creative Sewing & Needlework Festival, this event has gained tremendous popularity and boasts being the worlds largest event of it's kind.  It appears that they exhibit everything from sewing, beading and knitting, as well as decorative painting and even scrapbooking. Further details on the event can be found here.

While studying the poster in the shoppe window, a woman (whom I assume was the owner) was opening up for business. Upon noticing that I lingered in the window, she was kind enough to discuss the event with me and raved about just how fabulous it is.  Workshops, free demos, door prizes... Not to mention other artisans that share your passion as well as information on starting home-based businesses.  It appears that, if you are creative in any way this is the place to be... and I am taking her word for it. Sounds like a blast! 


Those of you in or around Toronto should check it out. I am sad to have missed so many past shows, but I hope to make this an annual must-do going forward.

Guess which chickee will be attending?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails