Monday, August 24, 2009

Tea for Two

I've had this porcelain painting kit for quite some time now. I've just never been able get around to using it. Every time I pull it out, I decide that if I am going to paint porcelain, then I am going to paint large quantities of it in one go. I had anticipated visiting my local dollar store or close-out section of Home Sense to pick up some inexpensive plain mugs, dishes and teapots to practice on. What I love about this paint is that you apply it to already glazed dinnerware, bake in the oven and you're done!

I've decided to stop procrastinating and just give it a whirl. I think this teapot could use a few pretty touches. Maybe a chic floral motif? Truth be told, I just want something pretty to steep my tea in. If this endeavour is successful and I am happy with the results (or if I simply become addicted, as I often do when I begin any sort of craft), I may create some little sets of dessert plates to give away as hostess gifts. Come to think of it, I can even use plain 4"x4" tiles from my local hardware store to decorate and use as coasters... Oooh, I can even sew coordinating fabric napkins to complete the package! (Do you see how my mind works?) The possibilities are endless!

And away I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails